I have been searching my brain to find what kind of person I’m looking for. Normally all we know about this person is how they should look but my first mind is what their character and personality should be like.
1. I want someone who intrigues me. This is a must. If you bore me I can never love you and probably hardly respect you so intrigue has to be one of the important ones.
2. Be able to teach me something new. Learning is my thing. Ironic for someone with no degree but I enjoy learning new things constantly. So anyone who can challenge me to do more and learn more is hot in my book.
3.Have thick skin. I can’t stress this enough. I’m an asshole and I have a bad habit of discounting what someone says if I disagree. I’m not judging you and I believe in your right to express you opinion so have enough intestinal fortitude to stand your ground.
4. Confidence is next to godliness. Please don’t be one of those people who needs my opinion for everything. Yes for important decisions include me, by all means. But I would prefer you already have an opinion on politics before we meet and one that expands announcing your political affiliation.
5. Sense of humor. People tend to think intellectuals are stuffy, luckily I’m not an intellectual. I’m just Dew. That’s the only label I have, thats the only label I care to have. All I want to do is enjoy the rest of my life. I love to laugh, laughing is great and infectious and erotic.
6.Trust. I know to some this should have been first but these weren’t necessarily in order of importance. They are all equally important where I’m concerned. Trust me to be me. I’m not perfect but I try my best to be a good person and not to lie to anyone. I do weird stuff. I may wake up in the middle of the night and go for a drive. I may withdraw for a little while and not talk. I attempt to let you know upfront and tell you these things may happen so you can understand them. You can’t change them and trying to only makes it harder on you. So trust me to be me. As weird and unusual as I can be.
7. Read. Read. Read. Read. I mean you may not be reading plato’s republic with me but read something. Even if its contemporary dribble (see 3 if dribble offended you), read something. start at the beginning and make your way to the ending. And get this we can even discuss it once you’re done. And yes to me that is utterly exciting. Reading is a way to broaden the scope of you knowledgebase. The more you read the better conversation you can have. Now personally I love an occaisional dialogue on the merits of religious validity in a seemingly amoral society but sometimes I’ll take a nice little hate spew for dumb ass contestants on Big Brother8. Range, people, the word is range.
I think this is a good list so far. Of course I will continue to think this through, I’m sure there will be more I can add later but for now this is an excellent work in progress.